Tuesday, March 22, 2011

All in a day

You know this evening, I was thinking how wonderful and varied my work is.  In fact, I do not call it work, I actually call it a privilege.  To be the midwife chosen to share and participate in the care of the woman and her family makes it very special.

I can be on the road going from house to house doing antenatal checks and meeting the family one minute and then rushing off to delivery suite to birth a baby the next.  Then, if it is still early in the day, maybe do some more antenatal or postnatal checks on mums and babies.
 
I consider myself very lucky and I am humbled at the amazing inner strength of women as I share their journey with them as they go through their pregnancy, birth and grow into motherhood.  

The lifestyle can be unpredictable, in the sense that I can be anywhere at any given time, that said, I would not change that for the world.  Thank you for allowing me to share your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment