Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Christmas Tale

Years ago when I was a staff midwife working in a London hospital, I worked the early shift on Christmas day.  My shift started at 7 am and was allocated to care for a lady who had been admitted about an hour before I arrived at the maternity unit.  This was her second baby so her labour was fast and subsequently delivered a beautiful baby boy at 10 am that morning.

"Congratulations, what a wonderful Christmas present" I said as I laid her baby on her tummy for skin to skin contact.  "You can call him ..........."  Before I could finish my sentence, the new mum interjected  "No way am I going to call him Jesus!"  she said cracking up laughing.  
I replied, "I was going to say Chris or Joseph".........

HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR




No comments:

Post a Comment